Prototypes, low-volume durable parts at production-like quality
Vacuum Casting is a reproduction technique capable of producing prototypes or replicate parts which is ideally suited for low volume batch of production when injection molding is not cost affordable.
A Quick Look on How Vacuum Casting Works:
• A high-quality master model is required in vacuum casting process, it is then encapsulated in liquid silicone and cured at high temperatures, once the mold is hardened, it is cut at predetermined symmetric pattern leaving a hollow space inside after removing the master prototype. At this point, a mold is created.
• The mold is reassembled, and a hole is made for injecting resin inside the hollow cavity created before, the mold then is filled with polyurethane resin and sealed by placing in a high-intensity vacuum chamber to get rid of bubbles and shrink holes. Once the casting process is finished, the part is removed, cleaned and ready for post-production finishing and assembling.
With ability to craft complex technical molds and the massive range of materials available, we can render:
• Production-like prototypes and parts with low upfront investment
• High level of dimensional accuracy, intricate details and surface quality
• Feasible for small batch production at economical cost
• Feasible for polishing, painting, plating, printing, laser engraving
• Complex geometrics structure and functions are possible
Contact Sunray Precision Prototype today for your prototypes, plastic and metal parts production, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication and surface finishing needs.